“The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller. The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come”
– Steve Jobs
Storytelling is one of the most impactful tools at your disposal. Human beings are fundamentally wired to absorb information, buy into new ideas and trust people – through story. In this programme we look at the importance of story within an organisation and consider the following:
- The stories people are currently telling about you, your team and your organisation
- The stories you would love them to be telling
- The language you need to start using to re-story who you are and what you are all about
- Simple, elegant story structure that mean you can tell quick and highly impactful stories anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
- The art of really engaging your team, colleagues and customers with emotionally charged stories that make you and your organisation truly memorable
- How to move and motivate your audience
“Earlier this year, I attended the Women of Impact event and was totally inspired by your session. I somehow found myself sharing a deeply personal story I had not told anyone at my organisation with a colleague who was a complete stranger, but also, based on what you taught us, for the first time ever, I wrote a story and entered it in a short story competition at my local library and I won it! So I am a big believer in you. It’s only the library but to me it felt like winning the Booker prize!”
Science and Stats:
Studies confirm that social storytelling is responsible for more than 65% of conversations had in public.
Research reveals companies that convey purpose and value can outperform their counterparts in stock price by a factor of 12 and have a profit performance ratio 750x higher than companies without shared values.
In this article, 4D’s Katie Churchman is discussing the diverse range of pandemic experiences. Maybe you’re sad, happy, frustrated, jealous, hopeful. And maybe that’s okay. As opposed to labelling them in a binary way- right/wrong, good/bad- can we sit with them in the grey space and see what they’re trying to say?read more
We are all together in this Coronavirus curveball. So, what should we do? How should we be?
I and my partners at 4D Human Being believe there are five key skills and qualities that we all need to tap into when curveballs strike: Resilience, Connection, Adaptability, Communication and Storytelling.read more
Improvisation for Business
Influencing & Networking
We'd love to hear from you.
We have hubs in London, New York, Milan, Charlotte. Global and local. Professional and personal. Communicating and connecting.