Please read this important notice carefully as it affects your privacy and how we use information about you.
4DHB Ltd takes data protection seriously and safeguarding your privacy is important to us.
Links with other websites
Information collected and how we use it
When you access, or subscribe to, any of 4DHB Ltd’s services we may collect Personal Data about you in a number of circumstances, including when you seek advice from us; when you use any on-line client services; when you make an enquiry on any area of the website; when you attend a seminar or other event provided by us; when you sign up to receive information from us, including training, newsletters and bulletins; when you apply for or accept employment or consultancy position with us; or when you offer to provide or provide services to us.
If you do not provide information requested by us from time to time, we may not be able to provide services to you or otherwise fulfil the purpose for which we have requested the information. In some circumstances, we collect Personal Data about you from a third-party source. For example, we may collect Personal Data from a company for whom you work, other organisations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, a credit reporting agency, a recruitment agency, an information or service provider or from a publicly available record.
We, employees, agents, consultants and sub-contractors, may use your Personal Data and disclose it on a confidential basis to third parties, for the following purposes:
- the provision of our services to you including to provide you with advice or information;
- disclosure to other third-party advisers working for you on the same matter;
- on-line or legal technology services or solutions;
- to send you information on news, publications, seminars and events;
- to improve our services and communications to you;
- for the purposes of employment, partnership or the supply or retention of services;
- to send you invoices or reminder notices;
- for fraud prevention, anti-money laundering purposes, anti-bribery purposes and/or generally for the prevention or detection of crime, which may include disclosure to relevant third parties;
- to ensure the safety and security of our people and premises which may include disclosure to relevant third parties;
- to process your requests of, and applications to, us;
- for disclosures to our auditors, our own legal and other professional advisors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- to administer your account with us, including credit and conflict searches, providing e-billing services at your request and tracing and collecting any debts, which may include disclosure to relevant third parties
- to conduct specific tests on our existing or new systems, networks, applications or software, which may include disclosure to relevant third parties;
- auditing usage of our website.
- for advertising, marketing and public relations, including sending you direct marketing communications;
- providing you with further information about our products and services;
- to manage our business performance, to assess client satisfaction (such as by asking you to participate in surveys) and generally to help improve our services, which may include disclosure to relevant third parties.
- as otherwise required by law;
- where you have given written consent to such disclosure;
- where we are permitted by law to do so. This includes circumstances where you have expressly or impliedly consented to such use.
- and for any other purpose for which this information was provided to us or for any purpose related or ancillary to any of the above.
We will not sell, resell, lease or license your Personal Data to any third parties.
Keeping information about you secure
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your information confidential and secure in accordance with our internal procedures covering the storage, access and disclosure of information. Information may be kept on our information technology systems or in paper files.
Lawful Purpose for Processing Personal Data
We consider that the processing of Personal Data as described above is necessary for the legitimate interests of 4DHB Ltd business except where we expressly state otherwise: In deciding this:
- We understand our responsibility to protect your individual interests
- We only use your Personal Data in ways you would reasonably expect (described above)
- We are not using Personal Data in ways you would find intrusive or which could cause you harm
- We have considered safeguards to reduce the impact where possible
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or it’s owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no means a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead. If you prefer not to receive promotional material from us, please email us at email@example.com
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Use of your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the EEA where the level of protection may not be as comprehensive as it is within the EEA. We have procedures in place to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected.
4DHB Ltd has policies and technical measures in place to safeguard and protect your Personal Data against unauthorised access, accidental loss, improper use and disclosure. However, the internet and Information Systems are not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data the transmission of your data to us is done so at your own risk.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
You have a right of access to Personal Data that 4DHB Ltd may hold about you, to have inaccurate information about you corrected and to request that we stop using your Personal Data for marketing purposes. In other instances, we will review our assessment that the lawful purpose for holding your information is our legitimate interests. In doing so we will check that the processing is necessary and there is no less intrusive way to achieve the same result. We will also conduct a balancing test to decide whether your interests do not override our legitimate interests.
Access requests should be put in writing and addressed to the Risk and Compliance team at the address below.
If you have any comments or questions about our data protection and privacy practices, please send an email t0 firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to our registered office at 8 King Edward Street, Oxford OX1 4HL. If you have a complaint about how your Personal Data is used you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk